Programme at a glance
The Conference programme is designed to address both your strategic and operational needs. We combine the theory together with practical and close-up demonstrations to see real-life applications of the topics discussed during the conference.
The perfect way to kick off your International Bus Conference experience!
Bus Project Talks and Networking
Meet the experts from innovative EU funded projects and other UITP initiatives about buses, combined with live
demonstrations in the Busworld Europe exhibition. Discover and learn more about the projects and how they are changing the sector.
- ASSURED – Interoperability and high power fast charging as enablers for the upscale of urban full-size commercial fleets.
- ITxPT – Open IT architecture for Public Transport.
- Next generation BRT operations
- Large scale clean bus deployment
- E-BUS design principles
- JIVE 1&2 – Advancing the commercialisation of fuel cell buses through large-scale deployment of vehicles and infrastructure.
- BIOMOTIVE – Production and validation of bio-based materials for interior parts of cars to improve the sustainability and life cycle of automotive industry.
- E-LOBSTER – Developing an innovative energy management solutions among power distribution networks, electrified public transport networks and charging stations to maximise the consumption of local renewable energies.
Organised in collaboration with local bus operators and bus manufacturers, see
innovation in action and ask the questions that matter. More details to be announced soon.
13:30 – 15.00
OPENING SESSION: Featuring keynote speech and high level discussions on the current state of the bus sector
15:00 – 15.30
15:30 – 16.30
PLENARY SESSION: Energy Transition: the global view, lessons learnt and future opportunities
16:30 – 17.00
17:00 – 18.00
PLENARY SESSION: Roundtable discussion with business leaders and politicians
9:00 – 10:30
Electric and new-energy bus fleets roll-out and management
Electric growth: Trolleybus in-motion-charging
The latest on hydrogen and fuel-cell buses
10:30 – 11:00
11:00 – 12:30
Become a pioneer using innovative smart bus technology
Happy bus drivers, happy customers
Bus operation: network design and route planning
12:30 – 13:30
Lunch and Exhibition Visit
13:30 – 15:00
High capacity bus systems, from bus priority schemes to BRT
Maintenance, depot and asset management
Business opportunities from the new-energy industry
15:00 – 15:30
15:30 – 17:00
On-demand buses, shared mobility and service optimisation
Station and depot development
Bus service tendering and contracting
17:00 – 17:45